Success in Search Engine Optimization (organic SEO in particular) is possible through consistent approach. If you want quickly visible results in terms of click through and revenue, you must go for “Adwards” (pay-per-click) campaigns. But organic SEO will ask your endurance. Invest at least a couple of months to see the visible progress in any organic SEO campaign initiative. It’s like rowing seeds and wait to see the seedlings first and then the expecting it to grow fruits. But I am not saying that you have to wait years to harvest results against your investment! Only a few months of efforts in terms of quality on-page with content optimization and proper propagation of content through off-page techniques can bring in expected results. It is not that you can go for quick change in content and strategy to bring visible results! You have to keep faith on your optimizer (may be yourself) to get stable results.
Coming to the points of optimization of entire content of a site or page, you first need to plan your way to success. As I have already mentioned in the above paragraph, I would like to have a very short discussion on consistent process of success in SEO.
1. Content relevancy and quality: Hopefully you are not new to the phrase “content is king.” It is all about the content of a webpage that does good or bad to your online presence. You have to check relevancy of the content (everything – from text write ups to images and graphics). If you have not put the right content at the right place, it is not likely that you are going to get any benefit from the promotional campaigns aimed for traffic and revenue for your business or individual gain. The next very thing you are going to do with your webpage content is judging the quality aspect. How rich your information have become for the probable visitors? If you can justify that every bit of information you have put down on the page brings benefit to every visitor, make sure that you would get success soon.
Now where comes the point of consistency of the content with quality and relevancy? If you fail to keep enriching your site consistently with new content, you are not going to get returning visitors or not going to earn references from the visitors. Regular update and enrichment of content is essential to evoke trust to every visitor. Let the visitor bookmark your page to regularly visit your site. Multiple visits always increase chances of business transactions.
2. On-page optimization through Meta and other elements: It is very essential that Meta and other tags of a webpage go hand in hand with other content of the webpage. You have to put the right kind of Meta (title tag, keywords, and descriptions) and Head tags (‘H1’, ‘H2’ and others) so that search engine crawlers recognize your web pages and index them accordingly. The spread of keywords in entire page with proper density has become unavoidable to send a note to the search crawler – ‘my page is relevant according to the meta keywords mentioned.’
You must be thinking where the consistency factor is in this case! Every time an on page overhaul is done, the search crawler would wait to compare your pages with other similar pages. It would like to judge the value with the passage of time. The moment you start changing those information at regular intervals, the crawler will get confused and would not come to any resolution to give rank or value to your pages. So following to a path with a consistent patience is what you have to show for the on-page technical success of your web pages.
3. Off-pager promotion: The moment you are ready with the on-page plan and have implemented those for results, you have to plan off the page promotion techniques. Yes, to bring visitors or guide a web surfer to your page, you need to have better presence of your business in different page scattered all over the internet. Right from directory pages, classified sites, blog, forums to social network, your content has to have strong presence. This is only possible if you have a planned strategy for promotion and following it steadily.
Again coming to the question of consistency, I must say, regular promotion in different media is a must. You can never expect that having posted your content in few sites (blog, directories, and classified sites) you can bring visitors regularly! You have to go on posting blog, creating and answering forum threads, social bookmarking pages, posting articles and sharing thoughts in social media. ‘More the merrier’ is the mantra of off-page optimization success. But do not forget to keep consistency in your entire off-page efforts!
4. Proper analysis: Implementation of any plan is not enough to get expected results. No sooner you had stated to promote your business, you have to get ready to analyze the effects. You have to prepare the report sheet on the basis of outcomes you are getting for your steps taken (both on-page and off-page). Consistency in the analysis only show road to success. If you stop analyzing or put a big gap between two reports, you may have to lose ground against your competitors.
5. Strategic move: Another important and crucial step to remember is changes in the plan. If one strategy is failing or not bringing minimum expected result, do not hesitate to bring in some changes. You have analytical report and guide your move accordingly. Hesitation in this regard may bring negative outcome! However, your one strategy should get ample time to show you progress. Instant changes would put things to fruitlessness. Have faith on one well planned strategy first, give it some time to show results (negative or positive) and according to results do not forget to take strategic moves to bring expected results.
I have hands on experience in bring success following these five steps with a consistent approach. If you follow the same, expected results would not be very far from you. However, you have to be confident and well thought in your SEO planning. If you do not have expertise in heeding a SEO plan, do not hesitate to take help from internet or an expert search engine optimizer.