PPC or Pay Per Click is a advertising system where a person only has to pay for clicks received on his ads and can control the spending on a daily basis as well as per click basis. The advantage with PPC is that you get to instantly see the results of your efforts.
One of the best PPC programs is the Google AdWords where you can bid for keywords & need to pay if a visitor clicks on that ad in search results, partner sites or their content network.
To develop a good Google AdWords campaign as part of your Pay Per Click strategy you need to follow these points:
1. Keyword Research – Before starting the AdWords campaign you will have to do proper keyword research which is also a very important part of search engine optimisation and select the most suitable keywords which will yield you the desired traffic. The selection of keywords has to be done by also considering the daily budget you plan to start with.
2. Select Geographic Location – If suppose you are running a PPC UK campaign then the geographic location has to be set as UK only in Google AdWords so that the ads get displayed only in UK and not in other places.
3. Track Traffic Flow: As you set the campaign, it is also important to merge your Google Analytics and AdWords account so that you can track which visitor is coming from organic search results & from paid ad campaign. By this method you will also be able to see if visitors from paid campaign are coming from the geographic location you set in campaign settings such as PPC UK mentioned in the above point.
4. Select Preferred Position – Select the position you want your ad to be displayed; it can be in the first top 9 positions on the search results page or anywhere meaning any internal result pages also. Depending on your budget you can set the position preference keeping in mind that better position preference for keywords will have higher CPC value than other positions.
5. Decide Time Periods – Depending upon the nature of business it is also possible for you to set the time periods for which you want the ads to be displayed such as from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening. This way you can control when your ads are seen by visitors.
Thus we can say that a properly planned Google AdWords campaign can help your site get instant visibility in search engine and increase sales conversions.