It has been a common frustration of all the webmasters and blog writers to get their websites indexed in Google. Inclusion of a website in the search results in Google is free and easy; one does not even have to submit the site to Google. Google search engine is fully automated that uses software called Google bots or more specifically “spiders” to crawl on the web on regular intervals to find sites and get them indexed. Most of the sites aren’t manually added for inclusions instead they were found and added automatically by the spiders.
Due to increased spamming activities on the Internet, the duration of getting listed in the search results takes a longer period. So to determine the inclusion of your site in Google’s index, search your site’s URL in the Google like “site: Google (dot) com” and it should return with the following result: “http: // www (dot) Google (dot) com/search?g=site%3Agoogle (dot) com”. The Google spiders crawl billions of pages and it is impossible to miss some websites. Even if the site is missed or skipped, it is due to one of the following reasons:
• There are not well-connected backlinks from other websites.
• It was launched after the most recent Google’s crawl was completed.
• The layout of the website makes it impossible for Google to figure out the content.
• The website was unavailable temporarily when Google tried to crawl.
• An error message was generated when the Google was crawling.
Here are some techniques to get your website listed on Google:
1. Search Engine Optimization:
The common acronym for Search engine optimization is SEO, it is a technology that can potentially get your website not only listed in the search engine but also get huge traffic on it. The Search Engine Optimizers provide services like:
• Reviewing site content and structure
• Technical advice for development e.g. use of Java Script, hosting, redirects and error pages etc
• Development of content
• Keyword Research
• Proficiency in particular markets and geographies.
2. Make Google Friendly Website:
Follow these guidelines to make Google friendly websites:
• Provide the visitors with the information that they are looking for
• Provide backlinks to your website
• Make the website easily accessible by building it with a logical link structure.
3. Submit Your Site to Google:
You can submit your website at “http: // www (dot) Google (dot) com/submityourcontent/.”
4. Submit Your Sitemap:
Submit your website’s Sitemap by using the Google Web master Tools, as it uses the Sitemap to get knowledge of the structure of the website
5. Confirm Backlinks:
Make sure that the backlinks to your site are working properly and are aware that your website is live.
6. Technicalities to be checked:
• Examine your site using a text browser like Lynx
• Give permission to search bots to crawl your website without session IDs
• Make sure that your web server supports “If Modifies Since” HTTP Header
• Use the robots.txt file on web server
• Put Search Engine Optimized content in your website
7. Things to Avoid:
• Don’t stuff your webpage with lists of keywords like making “crawler only pages”
• Don’t purchase an unauthorized SEO service
• Avoid using images to demonstrate important stuff like names or links as Google spider doesn’t recognize text written in images.
• Avoid the cloning of the same page under different URLs.