Pay Per Click or PPC is an internet based advertising model used on search engines where the advertiser gets charged only if the consumer clicks on their ads. PPC is one of the fastest growing and popular forms of internet marketing among big companies as well as small companies with small budgets. If done correctly, people can reach you easily by simply typing one of your keywords in the search engines, and then your ad may appear next to the natural search results. This is how it works: when the consumer enters a keyword into the search engine that matches the client’s keyword list, the client’s (advertiser’s) ad is displayed instantly. PPC ads are typically displayed adjacent to or above the natural search engine results. The largest PPC providers are Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Ads and Microsoft Ad Center. The growth of PPC marketplace is expected to reach $15 Billion 2010. To take full advantage of PPC marketing for your business, you must choose effective and relevant keywords that are related to your business. The minimum Cost Per Click (CPC) advertising varies based upon competition for the keywords and search engine’s standards. An effective Pay Per Click campaign is one of the fastest ways to bring ready-to-buy costumers to your website. You can see dramatic results in as little as one week for a fraction of what it costs to place ads in traditional media like radio or television. A successful campaign requires:
- Constant keyword selection that represents the products or services you provide: ensure that you are properly targeting a solid mix of relevant search terms.
- Write targeted ads matching those keywords: test the keywords, their positions and their prices.
- Upload the ads, keyword lists and bid prices to all major search engines.
- Regular maintenance and management of your PPC advertising campaign is an important element since searchers click on your ads and are directed to the most relevant page on your website. Make sure you captivate them with your great offers that have a value for the reader and turn them into paying customers.
- Understanding your audience’s language for maximum effectiveness: you have to understand how your audience uses language to search for your products and services online.
- Measuring conversion results using automated tools like Google Analytics.
PPC management can be time consuming, especially if you are like most businesses and want to focus on other important aspects of your business, like increasing profits! Unless you are a big company that can afford to hire a full time PPC management team, it pays to hire an online service that will help manage your PPC campaign for a small fee.
Pay Per Click ads can get pricy and the costs are rising every year. You want to make sure you are getting the maximum return on your investment. An effective PPC management service will optimize your Pay Per Click campaign for maximum ROI.